Followers

Translate

Friday, April 17, 2009

Rubbernecker Wacky Wed. Double Card Entry! :)

Coffee of the Day - Spiced Hazelnut


Wanted to play in the Rubbernecker Wacky Wednesday Challenge again this week. It was a fun one, but it certainly lived up to the name CHALLENGE! I made 2 cards this week, using some paper that I made. I used to make this kind of vintage paper all the time, but seemed to get out of the habit. When I saw the stamp set 'Classic Sketches' in the new SU! catty, I knew it was time to start playing around with it again! So this WW challenge gave me the perfect excuse. I used colors that I wouldn't normally have put together, but then again, that is what a challenge is all about, right?! ;)

You can see the inspiration piece of fabric we were given to work with. In one card, the mosaic one, I actually used the squares as inspiration as well. My colors for this are SU! pacific point, night of navy, and forest foliage. Also added craft white and gold to the mix. BG cs is the gold, images were embossed in gold onto white paper (yes, the mosaic one is really white under all that mess!), inks with watercolors were added, black was spritzed with the ink squirty tool (I HAVE to find out what the official name of that tool is!), both flowers are Prima sprayed with walnut gold glimmer mist. Ribbon on one is May Arts and brads are SU! that were sanded to distress. Buttons on mosaic are vintage Etsy and trim is Prima. Edges of both main images are inked in gold - mosaic one in gold glitter pen for a little more sparkle. Both cards have a subtle shine irl.

Have a happy day!! :)
Jennifer

10 comments:

Candy said...

Both are gorgeous!! Thanks for playing!!

Judy said...

Beautiful cards! I think you did a great job on the challenge. I love the colors and your handmade paper. I find inspiration challenges to be the most challenging, but also most satisfying type to do sometimes.

Michele Kovack said...

Love the cards! How cool that you make your own handmade paper!

Shelly said...

Both cards are just gorgeous Jennifer. GMTA w/ David, right? The ink squirty tool is the inkwox art gun.

Sherry Cheever said...

Both cards are FABULOUS! It was a tough one for me too . . . definitely a challenge!

Broni said...

Jennifer, these cards are beautiful! You made your own paper!! I love the mosaic one and the gold really looks great!

Glenda said...

Jennifer your cards are just beautiful.I find them peaceful, gentle to look at, especially when the inspiration piece is(to me)so much the opposite. What a great way to interpret the challenge. Well done.

Kittie said...

Jennifer, both pieces are gorgeous. Your use of the blues is wonderful. I'm so glad you played.

Juliana said...

BEAUTIFUL CARDS!!
I really think you got the feel of the inspiration piece!!

I love all the texture--both tactile and visual!

I am so glad you played this week!

Joan Ervin said...

OMG, both your cards are sooo beautiful...love all the awesome details and what awesome designs!!! Thanks for playing!!!