Followers

Translate

Sunday, August 16, 2009

The Joy of the Lord is my Strength! :)

Coffee of the Day - Hazelnut

"This day is sacred to our Lord. Do not grieve, for the joy of the Lord is your strength."
Nehemiah 8:10

Today's card is a very special one to me. The artwork is from my special friend, Mo, of Mo's Digital Pencil. She created this illustration based on a posting I made the day I discovered that I had 3 new tumors. I smile every time I see this beautiful drawing. I can't say that I have done it justice, but I have tried. of course my printer went wonky as the cs was coming out and smeared just a bit, but there was absolutely no way that I was going to waste it. So I decided to just go ahead and color the image anyhow and hope that people could overlook the little extra bits of black.

Doesn't this girl just make your heart smile?! even her homespun doll is full of joy and worship to God, our most amazing Creator and Abba Father. gosh, just looking at this brings me such peace and joy! The little girl's tutu is painted in pink shimmerz, 'cause if you wear a tutu (and what little girl doesn't?!), it had better be sparkly!!! The butterfly is painted in beeswax shimmerz. The flowers and hair ribbon also have a light coating of the pink shimmerz. Paper is from the Wild Raspberry collection by K & Company, the trim is from JoAnn's, the cool felt flower is from Wright's, and the button is from SU!. I added my usual distressing with the white craft ink and distressing tool. All coloring is done with SU! inks and watercolors.

God truly has filled me with such joy. I am blessed in overflowing abundance! Every day try to take time to find even the smallest thing to make you smile. God wants you to feel His love for you ALL THE TIME!!!! and if you ever need a big cyber hug, come on over and have a cuppa with me! :) I'm here for you, just as all of you have been there for me! love ya!

and don't forget that tonight is the deadline for the FANTABULOUS BLOG CANDY from Angel's Landing!!!!!! Make sure you leave a comment on this post to be entered to win!
"My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to Him in song."
Psalm 28:7

7 comments:

Leigh Ann Baird said...

This is a beautiful card and a beautiful image. I didn't even notice any extra bits of ink, so no worries there. Good luck on your DT applications. You are talented and any team would be lucky to have you!

Anita said...

Beautiful card! I agree this image just makes you smile. Thanks for the cyber hug. I needed it.

Cindy (Stamp With Me Cindy G/Stamping Therapy) said...

What a sweet card. That image is just adorable and I like how you featured it on your card.

Dru said...

Sweet card, love this image, and you did a great job! Take Care

Becky said...

Fabulous job on this card, I just love this image.

specialcraftmom4 said...

this card is sooo sweet! Love the DP too (:

The Wired Angel said...

Jennifer, you did a beautiful job on this.. and I'm so glad Mo created this with you in mind. Be well, Peggy