Followers

Translate

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

A Bear in the Leaves

Coffee of the Day - Dulche de Leche

Hello! I have been wanting to play with the cute bears from IldiCo for a while, and it just seemed as if I never had the time. well a challenge was posted to use sewing of some kind on your card, so I decided to play along even though I can not sew well at all! even faux sew! :)

Sadly the faux stitching doesn't seem to show up at all in the scan, so I will be making another card for the challenge - awwww shucks, gotta play with my bears again! grins!!!! The gold leaf matting piece as well as the dotted piece both have faux stitching on them in gold gel pen. Maybe if you look VERY closely and squint and aim your monitor just the right direction you might get some inkling of a shimmer of the stitching somewhere..........

Anyhow.... on to the deets......

The papers are Basic Grey Indian Summer; ribbon is a great find from the $1 bin at Michael's; leaves and card base are covered in scattered straw distress stickles; velvet leaves are Prima; button is JHB from JoAnn's.
I am quite interested to find out how many of you really don't like spiders. Fascinating! I will be cautious about posting spider cards in the future just for you! :)
Have a great day!
Jennifer

4 comments:

Kryssi said...

lovely autumn card!

Stef H said...

fabulous. love those 2 leaves and that ribbon is awesome!

hope you're feeling good!

hugs,

JayLynn said...

Gorgeous card Jennifer! I love that big bow!! Thanks for playing :)

Darlene said...

This is SO cute!! I've been hoping to find time to create with this (& other) images too ... Well done my friend!!!