Followers

Translate

Sunday, October 11, 2009

Doodle Beans Sympathy & Blogaversary Candy winner

Coffee of the Day - more Pumpkin Spice!

Hello! Several things for you today. I guess first and foremost is the winner of my blogaversary prize drawing! That is probably what most of you are coming to see this morning! :) My actual blogaversary isn't until the end of the month, but seeing that the prize package contains fall themed proucts, I wanted to get this out asap. So will

-------> SARA <--------

send me an email so I can send out your prizes to you just as quickly as I can!!! congratulations!!!

Now on to my card. yeah, I know, it's the big let-down after all of the fun! grins!!

Sadly I was in need of a sympathy card. Remember our nephew Wesley that many of you have been praying for? Well our BIL's mom passed away the other night, Wes's grandmother. This family has seen so much tragedy in the past month. Our BIL's father died just a month ago. But goodness, so much sadness for an entire family. My heart is breaking for our family. It brings great comfort knowing that God is holding them tightly in His arms. No other place can bring the same kind of comfort. and they are truly finding rest there. I am amazed at the strength that they are gathering from the prayers of friends and family. Truly a blessing. Truly indeed.

My card uses this beautiful digi from Doodle Beans. I watercolored it, being sure to let the inks pool in certain spots. I love that effect with watercolors! The flower centers were painted with beeswax shimmerz and then the little lines were highlighted with a gold spica glitter pen. I painted the main image edges with the same shimmerz paint. The paper is from the Basic Grey Lilykate collection. Isn't this vintage trim gorgeous?!?!? I found it over on Etsy. the buttons are vintage, too, and I added a little prima rose along with some vintage seam tape. The card base is edged in whte craft ink.

Everyone have a glorious day! Hug your loved ones tight, and tell them how much you love them!
and love you, too!
Jennifer

5 comments:

Yvette said...

Jennifer, you are one super sweet lady! :)

Congrats Sara!!! :)

Anonymous said...

how awesome jennifer and congrats to Sara!

hope you had a great weekend!

Maria Matter said...

gorgeous card Jennifer!
Blessings, maria

Gina Lindsay said...

Congrats to Sara!

Sorry you needed a sympathy card, your family has really been through it lately. I am sure your beautiful card will bring comfort.

Micki said...

Oh Jenn, I am so sorry to hear this... like Yvette said.... you are one super inspiring lady.

The card is beautiful :-)

hugs