Followers

Translate

Thursday, October 22, 2009

Newborn King

I really wanted to play in the challenge this week over at Stampin Sisters in Christ - create a project that honors the birth of our precious Saviour!!! Well how could I resist?! :)


This stamp set has long been one of my very faves. I couldn't wait to get it out and inky again. I decided to emboss it in gold on natural cs, and then use my watercolors on this thick paper to see how vibrant it would turn out. the paper did not disappoint!!! look how those colors just pop!!! The beautiful dp is by Anna Griffin and was also inked with a gorgeous verse in Versamark for a subtle bg effect. I then embossed the pomegranate in gold in the lower corner. I added the luscious gold May Arts ribbon, a Prima flower, button, and gold cord. All edges were inked in gold.


The really cool part about this whole project - while I was making it, Ryan had pulled out one of our very favorite movies of all time, Godspell. I had that playing in the background while i was creating!!! Had a hard time keeping my feet still!! He and I were both singing along the entire time!!! What a glorious way to worship in more ways than one!! :)

I am also using this card for the Whimsy Stamps challenge - use embossing - heat or dry - on a project. this is my first time playing in one of their challenges. I used to emboss all the time and had forgotten just how much I really enjoy it! thanks for taking me down memory lane - both with a long forgotten technique and a treasured stamp set! :)

16 comments:

Angie Williams said...

I LOVE this! I am hoping to add one of these style sets to my collection of stamps this holiday season...

Catherine said...

Wow! This is stunning and beautiful, Jennifer! Love the colors and the ribbon/flower/button/cord is just an amazing accent! Gorgeous!

Helen said...

Very beautiful card! I love the gold embossing around the image.
Thanks for playing with us at SSCC!
Blessings!
~H

JayLynn said...

How beautiful and I love that stamp!! Thanks for sharing :)

Unknown said...

What a beautiful and detailed card. I love how the bow matches perfectly with the image. Stunning Jennifer!

Anj

Carmen O. said...

Wow Jennifer, this is such a gorgeous card! Love the colors, the image - perfection!!

Stef H said...

wow jennifer! this is truly a beauty!

hugs,

Payne Holler Cards said...

just awesome! and with Godspell..doesnt get much better does it!! i dont have any stamps in this style ..this is really beautiful!
Linda

Anonymous said...

Ohhh I love that ribbon! I can see why this stamp is your favorite but what you did with it that makes it a favorite to me.

Thanks for sharing with us this week over at SSCC.

peggysue said...

What a pretty image and such lovely ribbon. Always a good thing when you can have a smile on your face while stamping.

Pamela said...

Beautiful! I love this card!

Lauri said...

Beautiful card! I was just thinking of doing some "old time" stamping techniques myself!

Kathy W. said...

Very pretty. I love the purple on there. Makes it look majestic:)

Gina Lindsay said...

The embossing is just great on here. Very nice card. Plus I have a mental image of you sitting at a craft table, with dancing feet, belting out songs and watercoloring!

~Denise Lynn~ said...

Beautiful card, lovely details! The embossing looks great! Thanks for playing along with us at Whimsy! :)

Anne said...

Beautiful card