Followers

Translate

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Yet another post for today! Vintage Hope......

One more to show you for today -

I wanted to use this neat digi from Simple Doodles - it is a freebie for the entire month of October if you head over to Hand full of Stamps to get before it is gone. The challenge for using this digi on a card ends tomorrow, so I needed to get a post up ASAP. I am trying to get back to my stamping roots a bit - do a bit more of my shabby/vintage style of papercrafting.

As I started working with this image, the pieces just came together. The main image was sprayed with my ink squirty tool in gray and then edged in cotton candy stickles. I broke into my beloved Daisy D's paper stash, wrinkled up this piece, distressed it first with sahara ink and then gold. The gold doesn't show in the scan but shows up ever so lightly in irl. I didn't glue the edges all the way down to add to the shabby feel. The card base was sponged and edged in vanilla craft. I added a Prima that was lightly sponged with the same gold ink and a crown sticker that was inked with brown staz-on to age it. To properly finish off the card, I added some vintage lace from my Etsy stash and this wonderful old earring find. It just seemed perfect for the flower!

Make sure you schedule your mammy and do your monthly checks. You are important to me!!! :)

9 comments:

Yvette said...

You have to be one of the sweetest bloggers I know!!! You always have kind words to share and your love shows in your creations and posts!

Have a great great evening! :)

Unknown said...

Wow, just beautiful!!! Love what you did with the image. Thanks for sharing!!!
Trish

Carmen O. said...

Beautiful! Love all the fabulous detail. You really rocked out this fab card!

Unknown said...

Wowza! This is so very fitting of the cause! I love how feminine it is. The lace, crown, and pearls in the flower really finish off the the image very nicely!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

Cindy (Stamp With Me Cindy G/Stamping Therapy) said...

Super card. Such great detailing.

Payne Holler Cards said...

hi there, have missed poppin over here! enjoying all your cards and journaling! you pay such attention to detail...they are all so wonderful!

ps got your message over on SCS - you are a sweetie to think of me, thank you :)))

Michelle said...

I agree with Yvette! you always have such kind words to share! I love reading your blog :) The card is fabulous!

JazzyH said...

Beautiful card and I love the look!

Sara said...

Beautiful Jennifer!