Followers

Translate

Thursday, January 21, 2010

It's A Shirleys 2 Girls Blog Hop! :) Indulgences Abound!

Coffee of the Day - Caramel Truffle


Edited to add - The Girls have decided that we were all having so much fun with the hop that they want to keep it going for a few more days! So we are gonna keep hopping until next Wed., Jan. 27!!! wooo hoooo! :)


Welcome to the S2G Blog Hop! We are all about Indulgences today - those wonderful things that make you feel oh, so good! If you have arrived here from *CAT'S FABBY BLOG*, then you are right on track. :) if at any point you lose your way along the hop, just head over to the *S2G challenge blog* for a complete listing.

We have 3 Different Prizes you could win! There is 1 Grand Prize,
1 Second Prize, and a third prize of a gift certificate hidden somewhere
in amongst the DT's Blogs. So, sit back, grab a latte, relax and enjoy
the TOUR!

****Before you leave to go on the 'Indulgence Tour'...leave a comment
about one of your favorite ways you pamper yourself.
You must do this in order to be eligible to WIN.

GRAND PRIZE Winner:
spa gloves
spa slippers
eye mask
manicure set
bath fizzy
body lotion
felt coasters
shaped paper clips
chipboard buttons
3 mini glitzy frames
ribbon
small charms
rhinstones
glitter
2 clear stamps
6 DPs
chocolates
tea or coffee
3 digi images of Indulgence
2 jelly roll pens

2nd PRIZE:
1 set of Indulgence Images (the dreaming chocolate, cake, slice of cake, box of candy)

3rd PRIZE:
$15.00 S2G GIFT certifiicate

I decided to make a fun little coffee gift set using the new digis French Blend and Cake Piece, as well as the Coffee Sentiments. I took a cardboard box left over from a Market Day purchase and painted it with acrylic paints. The papers are from the Basic Grey Sultry collection. The gorgeous buttons are from S2G! don't you see why I love these buttons?! I turned the cake into a wonderful chocolate raspberry torte by going over the squiggles with a pink glitter pen. I added some little black polka dots with coal shimmerz, which I also used on the fleur de lis on the take out coffee cup & litle dots there as well. I really would have pink take out coffee cups if I ever had my own coffee shop! didn't it turn out cute?! giggles! The box is wrapped in the most luscious velvet ric rac trim tied in a bow. It is filled with 3 types of single serve coffees: chocolate velvet, caramel truffle, and french vanilla. so VERY yummy! the card obviously matches the box. oh yes, the fork is painted with Hi HO Silver shimmerz. The box is 5" x 5" square.

Now on to the winner of the wonderful Shirleys 2 Girls blog candy................

the winner chosen at random by my hunny bunny hubby is................................................


Angie!!!


and I am giving a 2nd place giftie of the new digi #112 'Chocolate Dreams' to................ Melissa S. and a 3rd place prize of the new digi #136 'Cake' to............. Tammy Miller as well! So ladies, please email me right away! (go to the 'my profile' area and you will find the area to contact me) You will have so so so much fun with these GREAT items!!!!

From here you want to head over to the *AMAZING BLOG of JUDY*!!!! You are in for a treat! :)

p.s. I would like to add - please if you would stop to say a prayer for our fellow S2G teamie Deanne Burton and her family. They have just discovered that her MIL, Linda's cancer has spread, and the family is obviously devastated. We all know that God is the Master Physician and the bringer of comfort. May He hold them close in His arms of love - now and always.

54 comments:

Lisa said...

Really cute!

Anne said...

LOE that coffee box Jennifer! What delicious, yummy creations :)

Carol Dee said...

YUMMY card, hugs...

dstandard said...

Yummy card - love this - great creations!

Stef H said...

what a fabulous package! keeping deanne in my prayers.

hugs :)

Sara said...

Oh goodness Jennifer!! That set is adorable!!

Valarie (vampme3) said...

Great stuff! Chocolate pie with the coffee!! YES! tfs

Jane Wetzel said...

love the box! I think I may have to do this! Great gift! :)

Just Me said...

Oh jennifer FABULOUS as always!!


I am saying a prayer here for Deanne's family

Rhonda Miller said...

Jennifer, I love your projects. Great job. That box is so fun. I am loving these images. TFS.

Congrats to the winners.

I will be praying for your fellow DT member. It's hard to recieve that kind of news.

Unknown said...

Love the box & card. You are so creative.

marsha said...

So cute!
Hugs, Marsha

Chris said...

I'm confused, I thought we could comment till tonight, but you are awarding the blog candy already, or I just misread.
Well, I'll still comment cause I want you to know I liked your creation. I'm more of a cake indulger than a coffee drinker.
but if they're passing out diamonds put me in the front of the line.

Deb Neerman said...

Soooooooo cute! What a great project; TFS!

Chris said...

thanks for getting back to me and since you did, I have to come back and tell you that I agree. This was a most amazing hop. The cards and projects were way over the top. The eye candy was terrific and very inspirational, makes me wish I were home crafting.

fairie said...

So pretty and cute. I indulge by craft shopping!

xoxo

Tink said...

LOVE the coffee box!!!!

Linda Shewchuk said...

so cute...

So thoughtful for you to add Deanne to the prayer list - the more people praying i hope the outcome for Linda is going to be a good one. They are in my daily thoughts and prayers

Cat said...

LOVE your coffee box, Jennifer! How clever of you to paint a Market Day box! I really like all of the sparkle. BTW Your blog is NEVER blah, blah! Hugs!

Cheryl said...

Great cards! I am lovin' the hop.

Gloria said...

A day without coffee wouldn't be worth getting out of bed!!!

Bon Bob’s Delights said...

Coffee, gotta have coffee! Cute!

Lauretta See said...

that coffee box is adorble :))) beautiful job!! hugs, xx

Lynne in NI said...

Love your coffee box Jennifer! A great idea for a pressie!
:o)

Lelia Pierce said...

So cute!

papertrails leaver said...

Coffee and cake! Two of my favorite indulgences! sweet gift box and card!

debb said...

Jennifer- wonderful gift set- (and coffee to boot- image that!) Love it!

Anonymous said...

Awesome card - Love all the new images!
Jodi

michele hileman said...

Great work.. Thank you for sharing with us...

Annette Bowes said...

Fabulous creations, just love the colours, our thoughts are with Deanne and her family, take careX:)

Anonymous said...

Hi, Jennifer-You did an amazing job on this. The theme is just so perfect for you, our coffee girl! There is a small coffee chain in MA that DOES have pink take out cups!
Ann

Angie said...

Omgosh, Jennifer! This set is gorgeous and looks soooooo yummy!!! Oh, I am so excited, that I won the Blog Candy!!! Yeaaaaa, I am so glad I was able to check out all the DT's wonderful creations!! Thank you so much, I am emailing ya now:)

Lawren said...

Love the projects.

Gina Lindsay said...

Coffee and Pie, Jennifer, I think we were separated at birth or something, we are so much alike! Great job on your cards!

Linda McClain said...

Your cards are lovely. Lifting up a prayer for Deanne and her family.

Doodle Queen said...

Jennifer:
I LOVE your blog and your beautiful Coffee box. What a treat :-) I will add Deanne to our prayer chain at my Church. Hugs to you, Karen:-)

Sheila D said...

Great project! Love that coffee box.

Lori said...

Wow, Jennifer! Very cute idea - the yummy goodies in the box and matching card - I might have to use that idea soon :D I agree with you...a pink coffee cup is a must-lol! Thanks for sharing your talent with us. My current indulgence is to shop - hee hee!
Love and hugs ~ Lori

Carlie M. said...

Such cute cards!!! So glad to be on the DT with you!!!

DQ said...

Love the chocolate. Wonderful card.
I love to have a good pedi and a glass of wine, chocolate is always good too.

Gloria Westerman said...

I guess I'm to late...but oh well..I love your cards.....with all that coffee too..........awesome....

Stephanie said...

too cute Jennifer...

CarlaKH said...

Fabulous! Just love the colors you used too.

Unknown said...

These turned out great!
hugs,
Gini

Deanne Clarke said...

Jennifer, your work is awesome! And so are you! You're a great online friend, for sure!!!

Thank you so much for your kind and thoughtful words. Our family is dealing with my MIL illness on a day-to-day basis and are hoping and praying for miracles!!!!

Bev said...

Love the market box. What a great idea. Love to indulge with a candy bar every now and then!

Mae said...

Beautiful stuff Jennifer. Just yummy.

Moshie said...

More great creations on such a fun blog hop!!!! I have added Linda to my prayer list. Hugs to them,
Moshie

Justine said...

Great project Jennifer, I would love to indulge in a store bought flavored coffee. They really aren't into that sort of thing here in Sicily. Drinking a Cappuccino after breakfast hours is soooooooo TACKY but most of the Americans don't know that. LOL After breakfast it is straight Espresso......

maiahs_momma said...

LOVE the set you got to use, cute cards :)!

Inky Hugs,
Catherine
catlevy@eastlink.ca

Sprytebyrd said...

Really cute project! I need to get those silver shimmers! Another indulgence, is my weekly caramel macchiato... that first sip is always the best!
Thanks for the fun hop!
Dee

☼ Cheryl* said...

Lovely work :)

LindaC said...

Hi Jennifer, Love all the Shirleys2Girl images. I entered my card. Thanks. LC

kandistar said...

Yum that pie looks so good! nice card! *Candace*