Followers

Translate

Monday, March 29, 2010

Flowers & Coffee... It Must be Spring!

Coffee of the Day - Cinnamon Hazelnut

Today starts a new challenge over at Squigglefly - Flower Power - just use flowers and a Squigglefly image somewhere on your creation.

I have been trying to do a bit of scrapbooking lately, not much mind you, but a bit. I think this is one of my ab fab fave pix that I have taken EVER! I took it last fall when Dave and I had gone on a day trip to Chagrin Falls. I decided to print out this wonderful flower frame by Rich Davis onto acetate and then color it with my sharpies on the reverse side. Other than the GORGEOUS papers from My Mind's Eye, everything else on the page is vintage - including that wonderful millinery flower at the top. isn't it stunning?! of course it is one of my delightful Etsy finds. The sentiment is also a SF. Whoops, the velvet leaf is a new Prima. The title block was sponged and distressed as I wanted to keep it simple. The page is 8 1/2" x 11", which is the size I have been doing lately. These books are so much easier for people to look through than the larger 12x12 ones.

Sorry to have such a short post today. I took a really nasty fall yesterday and am sore and bruised. It seems that my hearing being gone in one ear and overall klutziness to begin with are not a good pairing...... I am more purple than this page!

Y'all have a good day and I hope to see you tomorrow! :)

6 comments:

Marlene said...

While I freely admit that purple is my favorite color - and I do love your layout - I will also say that YOU being purple is not a good thing! Be careful!! Klutz! ;)

thinker said...

you create vintage so well!!

Holly Young said...

I just love this Jennifer. The lace and the flowers just lend a softness to it. I really adore how you used the flower frame on a transparency.

IsabellasSketchbook said...

I love the look and feel of this card. I must admit... the Starbuck's really caught my eye. I would love to walk into the picture!

Love the buttons!

Maria Matter said...

Jennifer it made my heart so happy to see this for the challenge this week! It's GORGEOUS!!!!
Blessings, Maria

Anita said...

This is amazing. Sorry to hear that you are more purple than your page. Rest up and get well.