Followers

Translate

Sunday, May 16, 2010

Dreaming's easy with a good book, a good friend, and a big comfy chair!

Coffee of the Day - Tiramisu

I love a good book anytime, but add along a good friend and a comfy chair, and I am in little piggie heaven! and we all know how I feel about a girl and her pink sparkly shoes..... pure delight! :)

Well, one of my fave artists, Phindy, has issued a request straight from her heart. Her precious sister is quite sick and has never received a handmade card. Phindy is asking for anyone who has a moment to send cards of encouragement. More info can be found here at the PCP group. Please, please consider mailing out a card to spread just a bit of love to someone who needs to see some beauty from her hospital bed. I know y'all are just amazing! I have seen it my self time and time again! Oh, I am getting weepy as I think of how blessed I am to have the greatest friends and followers! thank you!

On to the card deets ~
Papers for this baby are Basic Grey Junebug. I used a piece of Prima packaging that came with that pretty bluish rose you see over in the right corner. Now just a little note about the color, because yes, it does matter for one of the challenges. (Michele, this is for YOU! grins!!!) these are shades of blue - just a lovely greenish blue. according to Stampin' Up, this is baja breeze - not only one of my fave ever colors, but a shade that is coming back for it's premier return! can we get a woooo hoooooo in the house?! oh yeah, I am excited! this would have also mattered had I gotten my act together and had this posted last night in time for the last Stampin Sisters in Christ challenge, but I was sicker than the proverbial dog and just didn't get it to my blog in time.... oh well. consider it your Sunday morning special instead.


Now I know you are intrigued about Michele's challenge....... she is the lovely owner of Crafts 4 Eternity. for a very short time I was blessed to be a member of her DT. now I just get to play! tee hee! every week she provides a fabby sketch and a few little extra bonuses thrown in. this week you must use blue and beads. if you look closely you will see BLUE beads on the paper button flower petals as well as the buttons of the chair arms.

You know how much I love my shimmerz paints. in order to get some fun accents on this chair, I painted the pink & golden flowers with my shimmerz. and of course those fabbylicious shoes! All of the buttons are vintage. the big huge BLUE one even came with the extra 'whatever' that is on it - which I happen to think makes it all the more cool! you know I love my JoAnn's trim bits, found this way cool BG word charm in my stash that I am slowly uncovering, added a glitter chipboard flourish to help accent the sketch that I am always twisting & turning & adapting on poor Michele, and that pretty much finishes the card. I sure hope Phindy's sister enjoys it. I tried to poor as much love into it as I could. :)

Other challenges:

I Love Digi - charming

Paper Cutz - dog or cat

Papertake Weekly - shiny, sparkly, special

Cute Card Thursday - someone special

Gingersnap Creations - read

Shabby Tea Room - chipboard

Cupcake Craft - buttons

17 comments:

Stef H said...

oh this is fabulous!!!! and that chair definitely looks comfy! i absolutely love the color too!

Ann English said...

Jennifer-this is FABULOUS! You are the sweetest. So glad you are feeling better, my friend!

Debbie said...

Very cute image and pretty card! So many embellies - that had to be a fun one to create! Thanks for joining us this week in the Tea Room :)

Elaine ♥ said...

What a beauty Jen, love the colours and it has a very vintage feel to it and the gorgeous dream charm :)

Thanks for joining us at I Love Digi this week hun, hope you are feeling better too :)

Elaine x

Dragonlady said...

Hi Jennifer

Great card and love the word charm. Thank you for joining us at I Love Digi.

Hugs Ali x

Annika said...

Jennifer, you are the kindest, most wonderful person ever!!! It's a fabulous card and I will go now and try to squeeze some creative juices out of my dry brain too!
I just don't know how you do it - battling your illness and just keep creating those wonderful, amazing cards! Your strength of spirit is a true inspiration to me!
And I would take some of that coffee, thanks.
TFS
Hugs
Annika

Anita said...

Stunning card! Gerry will love the card!

Faye said...

Jennifer, it is a very beautiful card - again! Hope you're feeling better today. Thanks for playing at C4E. x

pinky said...

Hi Jennifer, your a wee darling, thanks for all your support. Your card is such a gorgeous take on the sketch, what a comfy chair! Thanks so much for joining us again at C4E. Hugs
Pinky

Anonymous said...

What a lovely card, I am sure it will be well received. Thanks for joining us at Papertake Weekly this week hugs Bron GDT

Poppy said...

lovely card.
Thanks for joining us at I ♥ Digi
poppy

Helen Dooley said...

hey move over- I wanna curl up too.LOL
Thanks so much for playing along on PCC this week. That is an adorable card! HUGS~

Jacalyn @ rmebathproducts.com said...

Wow, what a beautiful card and sweet idea to send! Please visit my blog if you have a moment to enter my give-a-way!

Hugs,
Jacalyn

Katy said...

Lovely choice of image for the challenge. Thanks for joining in with us at Gingersnaps :)

michele said...

beautiful Jennifer! hope you are feeling better thanks for joining us at c4e this week hugs xx

Adrina said...

Beautiful card and I just love that big chair!!
Thanks for joining C4E this week.
Adrina XX

Cathy at Paper Garden Projects said...

What a lovely, comfy chair - I love all the accents you uesed. The lace is such a nice touch.