Followers

Translate

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Cherry Thanks

Coffee of the Day - Caramel Pecan

hello! I have been so busy crafting, but had to wait to borrow David's compy so I could post! ;)

I spent this past weekend trying to do a bit of blurfing and catching up on my comments. please forgive me that it has taken me so long to make the rounds. it's tough when I don't have my own computer any more to get around the way I would like. we aren't even gonna talk about all my beloved digis that I lost....... but I have a flashstick that I am slowly filling up as I am able. I will NOT lose digis again! I must say this has given me a whole new appreciation for my 'regular' stamps again though - no waiting to borrow a computer, no trying to figure out how in the world these weird programs on his compy work when I was happy as a clam with MINE, no trying to find a compatible program for this or that - just good ol' stamping! grins!

So with all of that said, I made a card for several challenges I came across. Back in January I contributed to the fundraiser for Katie and printed out a few of the images. thank goodness I did since I lost all of those in the crash. these 2 were part of the pack for anyone who made a donation.

I added crystal effects to the cherries and some wonderful glass glitter from Meyer Imports to the heart on the bowl. the papers are Cosmo Cricket Early Bird. the border punch is from SU! & I have to say that I am absolutely in love with my new Big Shot!!!!! it is the best prize (other than hubby! tee hee!) I have ever won!!! the frames were obviously cut using a die, Cherry Pickin' is the name I believe, and it is so cool because it actually embossed these adorable little cherries around the border. they show up much better irl. I added a collection of my beloved vintage buttons and this fun pom pom trim.


Challenges:
Stampin Sisters in Christ - something you treasure (vintage buttons)
Crafty Pad - buttons

5 comments:

Jo said...

This is a beautiful card! Great to have you joining in with us this week at DYSU! Hope you come back next week.

Annika said...

Hi Jennifer, sorry for being absent for so long! To add to everything else my youngest managed to take apart my laptop keyboard - now half of the keys are loose and typing is a challenge, lol Today they'll pick up my laptop for repairs, no idea when I'll get it back. :(
It's a delight to see that your work is just as wonderful, creative and interesting as ever! There is a lot of beauty to be taken in here!
Hugs
Annika

Peggysue said...

Very cute card Jennifer. Its so cheery. I feel ya about the computer--I can't do anything without mine!
Thanks for taking the time to join in our LAYERS challenge at DYSU this week. Do come back!!

Grace said...

Oh my... what a wonderful card! You have colored it beautifully! I have that whole bundle too and you have challenged me to color up this one! Thanks for joining us at Stampin Sisters in Christ!

Wendy Ramlakhan said...

Beautiful card, love the buttons and ribbon.