Followers

Translate

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Holiday with a splash of Red

A Day for Daisies has a challenge ending today to use any ADFD image to create a holiday project with a splash of red. I wanted to play along, but decided to make a Thanksgiving card rather than a Christmas one. mainly 'cause I just knew this cutey little squirrel would be precious paper pieced! :) he reminds me of my buddy who plays on the rafters of our front porch who was back again yesterday to entertain me. he has the best time running across the tree limbs, hopping onto the rafters, jumping into the bird's nest, and then starting the relay circuit all over again! he makes me smile to watch him! :)
I used these amazing papers from Echo Park For the Record and added some extra color to my chubby squirrel friend with watercolors and craft ink. then I did the unthinkable - wrinkled him up and squished him good! great to add more texture! before I added the paper pieced portion, I sprayed the main image with walnut gold glimmer mist to help age. the crochet trim is actually on the inside of the card. I tore the front edge and inked with vanilla craft. the seam tape is hand dyed. buttons came from one of David's shirts that had seen far better days. ;) the sentiment is a Basic Grey rub-on. leaves are cut from a Tim Holtz die.

Through the Craft Room Door - textures
Digital Tuesday - celebrate the seasons
Really Reasonable Ribbon - autumn plus ribbon
Challenge up your life - paper piecing
For Fun Challenges - red, brown, yellow
Deep Ocean - lace
Shopping our Stash - vintage
Sentimental Sundays - autumn

16 comments:

Rhonda Miller said...

What a cute card Jennifer. I just love the squirrel.

Danni said...

What a fabulous fall card!! Love how you did the squirrel!

ThePurplePlace said...

Adorable! I love how you paper-pieced the little squirrel! A wonderful added touch! :)

Suzie McFloozy said...

Great autumnal card Jen - and love the super sweet squirrel x
I, too, have these fantastic papers - aren't they just gorg ?
Oh and those tim holtz dies are now on my wishlist (which is growing by the hour now !!)
((hugs)) Suzie xoxo

paige said...

Cute card! The squirrel certainly brings a smile!

Marlene said...

Your card is adorable - but I can't stop laughing inside. A friend of mine just had her dog bring a headless squirrel inside her house. This card was perfect timing, not! LOL!!!

Helen Dooley said...

First Marlenes comment is too funny. Pictured it.
Love your card. That squirrel is too cute. Im so glad you decided to play along on For Fun this week. I love those leaves too!

Kathy D. said...

Oh I like how the leaves were done in paper paper. Cute card.

Thanks for playing Red, Yellow, Brown with us at For Fun Challenges. Hope to see you Wednesday when the next challenge is posted.

aqualeiga said...

Oh yikes! I bet Marlene's friend's dog was is trouble, bringing home such a 'present' for her! Glad to see your squirrel's head is well and truly in tact, and looking adorable on your card! Thanks for playing along at FOR FUN this week.

Hugs, Ali x

Danni said...

Stopping by again to say thank you for playing along with Shopping Our Stash!

Franz♥ said...

Really amazing card Jennifer!

Thank you for joining us at Deep Ocean and i hope to see you again!

Hugs, Francesca.

Stempelhexe said...

it is a wonderful cute card!!!! thanks for enjoy us at CUYL.

Hugs
Ulla

Pauline said...

Wonderful creation - I love the piecing to colour the image! Thanks for sharing at For Fun Challenges!
Pauline

Christine said...

Hee, hee. Your paper pieced squirrel is MUCH cuter than the one that keeps digging up my garden. Love the image you used. Thanks for joining us at For Fun Challenges this week!

Angi Barrs said...

Adorable. Love the leaves and the ribbon. Thanks for playing with us at Really Reasonable Ribbon. :)

Cheryl Walker said...

Awww Super CUTE card Jennifer!! Thank you for joining us at Really Reasonable Ribbons Autumn Challenge :)
Hugs,
Cheryl