Followers

Translate

Thursday, June 14, 2012

Happy Flag Day and a Freebie Alert....

Coffee of the Day - Vanilla Nut


for those of you living in the USA, Happy Flag Day! I am so proud of our flag and all that it stands for. I may not always agree with the politics of our country or the people in the government, but good golly, I am proud to be an American! I love what this country was founded upon and the kind, generous spirit you find in so many people here. Don't get me wrong, I have met some amazing people from ALL around the world, and I love them to bits, but I will stand up when the flag passes, proudly sing my National Anthem, and wave my flag with honor every chance I get. :) interesting history about the day posted below, taken from Vintage Holiday Crafts website..... wonderful image also came from there.

Flag Day is the anniversary of the official adoption of the American flag by the Marine Committee of the Continental Congress in 1777. Woodrow Wilson proclaimed June 14 as the first official National Flag Day in 1916 but it wasn’t until 1949 that an Act of Congress was signed to formally establish the holiday. Interestingly, though, Flag Day isn’t a given; it’s at the president’s discretion to officially proclaim the observance each year. That is unless you live in Pennsylvania, which is the only state that recognizes it as a legal holiday.

so glad I crafted on those 2 days last week. I have been icky sicky ever since then.... sleeping my days away and stuck in bed for the most part. do NOT like chemo, Sam I am....can not keep down green eggs and ham. Happy Birthday to me, I get chemo as a giftie next week. but at least it's closer to being over, so that is a good thing.

I wanted to let you know about a precious freebie from Claire at Jellypark real quick..... she has created this amazing app and to celebrate is offering a free coloring page for a limited time. check it out here. A new challenge and releases debut tomorrow over on the Jellypark blog, so be sure to check it all out with us. yep, I did get a project done for that, so I'm happy to be able to play along again. :)

4 comments:

Susie said...

You are such a trooper. I hope you feel better soon. Praying for you!

Jessica Buffa said...

Jenn, so happy to see more posts from you. Congrats on your win the other day . . I remember seeing your name, but don't recall where! You probably already know what I am talking about. Those vintage graphics are adorable. Your Proud to Be An American friend,
Jessica S.

Jessica Buffa said...

I'm back because I found your name again...Congrats on your PBD Runner Up win...loved that card!

http://pinkbydesignstamps.com/2012/06/13/ink-it-pink-challenge-2-and-a-winner/#.T9pPnYH4J54

Tracy said...

LOL To be honest I don't know how anyone could keep green eggs down. :-) So you're a June Bug too huh. Mine's the 29th. Only a few more treatments to go so hang in there kiddo. Hugs!