Followers

Translate

Friday, June 15, 2012

Let's Go Fly a Kite with Jellypark Friends

Coffee of the Day - German Chocolate Cake

Well here is the last of the cards I was able to get made while I was feeling good....so happy to be able to share it with all of you!

Real quick before I start in about the post, I want to say a big thank you to those of you who have recently sent me cards to add to the basket at the chemo treatment center. I'll take them along with me when I go for my treatment next week. Everyone is having such fun going through the basket, 'ooooohing' and 'aaaaaahing' over all of the pretties, and then making the tough final choices of which ones they want to take home. They get so excited when I bring in a new batch to refresh the basket, so thank you very much on behalf of everyone there! :)


A new challenge and new release images start today ove at Jellypark Friends Friday Challenges. I am so happy to have been able to play along in the new challenge - 'Let's Go Fly a Kite'. all you have to do is add kite images, die cuts, strings or twine, kite bg papers, or anything kite related to your papercraft project.

I LOVED flying kites when I was a little girl. of course I never had typical 'girl' kites - my fave ones were the eagle and Batman ones I had.... sounds kinda like me, doesn't it?! grins! my boys enjoyed kites as well when they were young. don't see too many people flying them around here these days though. how about you? did you fly kites? have a favorite? gosh, I would spend hours out in the fields....


my card today is going to a very special person. Last weekend I came across a blog post that truly touched my heart. A grand-mother was asking for cards to be sent to her 7 year old grand-son Matthew, who had just been diagnosed with a cancerous brain tumor. He has just started chemo and this poor family is really having a tough time wrapping their minds around all that is going on. oh my goodness, of course I just HAD to make a card for him. not only do I know exactly what he is going through with the cancer & chemo, but I can only imagine the emotional roller coaster that family is on. So I poured as much love and as many prayers as I possibly could into this card for Matthew. I received permission to post a link to their story here for any of you interested.

deets for the card - used a combo of images: cutey new robot with sign and the kite from Let's Fly Away. papers are Basic Grey What's Up collection, senti is Create with TLC, clouds were cut with a die from My Favorite Things, little tab punch is from Jenni Bowlin, and my spica clear gel pen was used all over for accent. the main image bg was spritzed with Mr. Huey white after painting blue to help give the effect of clouds.

Challenges:
Ink it Pink - masculine
Delightful Challenges - for the boys
Do You Stack Up - for men or boys
Little Miss Muffet - loads of layers
Paper Play - for a guy with twine
Cookin' it up with Katie (hi Katie!!! waving!!!) - for a special guy, texture, metal
Crafting for All Seasons - for a man (hope for a boy works, too....)
Divas by Design - summertime
Always Crafting/Creative Mondays - summer
Incy Wincy - more than one digi
Pink Elephant - masculine
There's Magic in the Air (wavin' hi to my former teamies! I miss y'all!!!) - one for the boys
Crafty Pad - let's hear it for the boys
Di's Digi Designs - male inspired
Fussy and Fancy - boy attitude

28 comments:

Elizabeth Hart said...

Jen - love this card - the distressing is fab and those clouds are fabulous. Your layout, as usual, perfectly accents the image. Love seeing your work - get better so we can see more! Love, Elizabeth (teammate at PIO)

Beate said...

What an adorable image. Love the soft colors you chose for it, the paper, the clouds. Great card.
Hugs and smiles

Anonymous said...

Jennifer, this is really adorable!! Love the papers, colors and fun twine on the kite!! :)

Rhonda Miller said...

Your card is soo cute.

aqualeiga said...

Hi Jenn, a lovely card and a really touching story too. Really pleased to see you join THE CRAFTY PAD challenge this week.
Hugs, Ali x

Dawn said...

How adorable Jennifer! I hope you are coping well with your treatment!
Thanks for joining us at The Crafty Pad this week in our Let's Hear It For The Boys Challenge!
Good Luck
Hugs
Dawn xx
PS Don't forget to check back on Thursday to see if you're one of our lucky winners.

Unknown said...

Oh my - I have such a soft spot for robots and this is adorable honey xx

Denise said...

Love this fun card. Such an adorable robot and great sentiment.
Thanks for joining us at DYSU this week xx

Rebekah said...

I love everything about this card! So many amazing details. Thanks for playing along with us and the Ink it Pink Challenge :-)

Tlc Creations said...

I love the card~! and I love that you made it for Matthew. I bet he will love that robot~!
Paulette

Jennifer said...

This is just so "gooder' - love that word! How wonderful to be able to give such loving support to another with complete understanding of what they're going through! Love and Prayers,
Jennifer

Sarah-Jane said...

Great card. Thank you for joining us at Divas by Design this week.
Sarah-Jane xx

cotnob said...

This is a fab card, I just love your cute image and soft pastel colours.
Thank you for joining us at The Crafty Pad this week.
Pauline
x

wannabcre8tive said...

Jennifer, I love this cute card. That is so sweet of you to send it to the lady's grandson. He will love it.
Good to have you playing with us at TIMITA.

Jessica Kephart | A Homespun Affair said...

Jennifer this is darling!! SO cute!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at www.pinkbydesignstamps.com!

xoxoxoxo

Jessica @ www.homespunelegance.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Fab card LOVE the button you have used too! Great to see you at Incy Wincy this week, hugs Samantha :0)

Tracy said...

Love it Jennifer! Mr. Robot is too cute and I love the soft colors, the fun tab, and those perfect papers. Hugs!

WencheP said...

This is so cool. Thanks for joining us at Do You Stack Up.

-Wenche

Unknown said...

What a lovely card. Really like that cute robot! Thanks for sharing at Little Miss muffet Challenges. Good luck an hope to see you again soon. Hugs, Frea, DR Member LMM Challenges

happyscrapper said...

This is so cute. That little robot is perfect for a little boys card. thanks for joining us at Delightful Sketches.
Hugz,
Christine

dawnmercedes said...

Oooh...love that image! ...thanks so much for participating in this week's Ink it Pink Challenge.

ThePurplePlace said...

Great Title and the perfect card! I just bought a new Hero Arts Set of stamps that also has cute kit image along with some sweet sentiment stamps.

Love seeing you creating and hoping that every day you create helps to make you feel a bit better or at the very least helps keep you mind of of your battle. Crafting for me is much like therapy and although my illness is nothing, compared to what you are going through -- I still find the creating or spending time in my craft room... some how can make me feel better!!

Take care sweetie pie and I hope the next treatment goes well, fast and that you won't feel so YUK!!

Hugs,
Lisa

Pink Cricut said...

I love this card- the colors are soft, and cheerful and it is PERFECT for a 7 year old boy!!

Thanks for playing with us in the Ink it Pink challenge this week at Pink by Design!

Mette said...

Super cute card. Love the layers, papers and details. What a fabulous image and sentiment.

Thank you for joining the LMM challenge.

Hugs, Mette

Sonia said...

Hi Jennifer
Beautiful creation, Great JOB!
Thanks for joining us at Paper Cupcakes. Good Luck!
-Sony DT
sonia-studio60.blogspot.com

Hetty said...

A sweet and adorable card. So nice these soft colors! I love that robot.

Ashley said...

I really love the soft pastel colours! and the kite with the real thread! love it!! thank you so much for joining us at fussy and fancy!

marsha said...

Gorgeous card Jen, love the kite! Happy, happy birthday! (of course I'm always fashionably late)!
Hugs,
Marsha