Followers

Translate

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Mechanical Men....

Coffee of the Day - Toasted Coconut (what is it about summer that just says I must drink coconut coffee? grins!)

As I mentioned the other day, I was able to get a few DT cards made over the weekend. So today I'm playing along with Party Time Tuesdays in the new challenge - All things Mechanical, Father's Day. Sponsors this week are Robin's Nest, The Stamping Boutique, and Robyn's Fetish. I hope you will play along with everyone!


I used papers from Robin's Nest, and image from The Stamping Boutique, and a fun senti from Create with TLC that just seemed to go perfectly with this ice cream truck! :) Hubby let me order a few goodies from My Favorite Things for my birthday, one of which is this coolio chevron border die. isn't it fun? lots of sparkly accents were added with shimmerz paint and my clear spica glitter pen. distress stickles were added over the top of the chocolate ice cream and look almost like sprinkles! a few buttons and some wrinkled seam tape finish off the card. perfect to give to hubby! :)

enjoy your week and see you in a few days! :)

Challenges:
Pink Elephant - masculine
Dream Valley Challenges - for that special guy (hubby!)
One Stitch at a Time - man in your life
Alphabet Challenge - ice cream
Cardmad Fairy - Father's Day/masculine
Crafty Catz - Summer Time
Delicious Doodles - for the fellas

17 comments:

Elizabeth Hart said...

Jen - love that chevron die - really adds a cool touch to this fabulous card!!

Jenni said...

Hi Jen, so happy to see you playing along in our challenge at Cardmadfairy's Digi days and delighted to see that you are feeling a bit better and have had good news!! Your card is a lot of fun, glad you are back to the crafting, long may it continue!
Jenni x

Rhonda Miller said...

Jen, your card is great. I'm glad you've been able to get in a little crafty time.

Pia S said...

The sentiment is just fab! And I love the design papers you've used - great layout!

Jennifer said...

This is such a yummy card! I love the sentiment and the staples you've added!

Suzie McFloozy said...

Yay so pleased to see you found some time to create - I hope it raised your spirits - aren't we lucky to have such a fab therapeutic hobby ? :)
Your card is fab - I adore the chevron die it is also on my wish list x
Love & ((hugs)) Suzie xoxo

ddazzled71 said...

Jen I am so happy to see you feeling up to creating again and I love your sweet card. You've picked my favorite ice-cream flavor for this and I really love the sweet tag sentiment. xx

carol said...

lovely card, thanks for playing along with CRAFTY CATZ play again soon, x carol

Unknown said...

What a fun card ha ha and love the colours and style. Thank you for joining us at OSAAT this week and good luck xx

Unknown said...

fab card and scrummy ice cream...thanks for joing us over a draty catz..hhug sassyx

Choccy said...

A great fun card. You have to love ice cream right ?
Thanks for sharing your creation with us at One Stitch At A Time for our ' For the man in your life' challenge. Hope you stop by and join us next week too ;O)
Choccy x

Pam said...

Love the card, but who doesn't love ice cream! :) Glad you have been feeling well enough for some craft time. Take care!!

Karen said...

Ahh coffee and chemo, what a combination! At least you are smiling, just keep that up and you'll do fine! It worked for me! Love your cards and thanks for sharing your talents with us. Karen 146 x PS. Glad you liked my freebie digi too!

Janette said...

Fabulous card, love the image, the colour combo is fab and the sentiment is just brilliant...Thanks for sharing it with us at CraftyCatz this week.xx

Tracy said...

Oooo I'm jealous over the chevron die. LOL Those things are soooo hot right now. Super fun card with an awesome sentiment Jennifer! Hugs!

Unknown said...

Perfect card for our male challenge over at Dream Valley x

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

What a delicious card! The sentiment is just perfect too! Thanks for joining in the fun over at Cardmadfairy's Digi Days for our Father's Day/Male Challenge hugs Susan x