Followers

Translate

Saturday, June 23, 2012

We make the Perfect Blend!

Coffee of the Day - Girlfriend Blend (cinnamon, hazelnut, chestnut, & vanilla)

Oh my lawsie, this morning has started off with a bang! my coffee maker is on it's way out .....and you can only imagine the horror that brings to me and my household! yikes! it took over 30 min. for it to brew one pot, so I'm thinking it's time to get the French Press back out. Then the big trash trucks were out doing their thing before 6 a.m., so it was noisy noisy noisy. We have an annual trash collection day here in our little village, and today is the big day. tree lawns overflow with stuff people want to get rid of, so the trash collectors start EARLY to begin the rounds. just when I really needed my coffee! ;)


okay, we are done with that.... on to fun crafty stuff! Several of us who are DT members at Pile it On were asked to do a fun DT swap with Bugaboo today. They are the sponsor for PIO beginning tomorrow. We get to play in their challenge and they get to play in ours - how fun! :) So of course I chose to use this cutey cute cute coffee image and matching senti for my card. The challenge at Bugaboo this week is a recipe one: buttons, twine, and a senti.

Papers are from My Mind's Eye Blink of an Eye collection, little tag is Maya Road, big blue button is SU!, while other buttons are from my vintage stash, twine is K & Co. (LOVE this color combo in the twist!). I used shimmerz paint on the spoon, heart, and the girl coffee cup's cheeks, a clear spica glitter pen to hightlight the steam, and my white gel pen to add some accents to her cup. I then put on my brave boots and grabbed my black sharpie to add some little squiggles to both the man's coffee cup and the card edges.

Enjoy your weekend and thanks so much for stopping by! :)

Challenges:
Chocolate, Coffee, & Cards - coffee & cream
Crafty Catz - pastels
Delightful Challenges - anything goes
Paper Play - use a die
Crafts and Me - anything goes
Divas by Design - die cuts
Fab 'n Funky - polka dots
Digital Tuesday - tag it
Paper Take Weekly - bingo (buttons, free space, punches)
Daisy Doodles - anything goes
Corrosive Challenges - feeling punchy (border & tag)
Great Impressions - die cuts or punches

21 comments:

Tracy said...

That's the cutest pair of cups I've ever seen Jennifer. :-) You did such an amazing job on this card. I love all the little extra special touches you added. So glad you survived your morning coffee drama you caffeine addict you. LOL Have a fabulous weekend! Hugs!

K Clark said...

Hey Jenn... once again your card is amazing!!!! Love the softness of it! I hope you get your coffee maker fixed soon ;)

Dru said...

Hey Jen - so nice to hear from you! Your card is adorable of course and I know what you mean about coffee taking so long. I want mine the minute my feet touch the floor in the morning. All is well with us and I hope with you also. Hugs, Dru

Kathy said...

What a sweet image and sentiment combo. Thanks for joining us at the Corrosive Challenge blog!

Unknown said...

what a cute and simply sweet card thanks for joining in this week with us at Craft Catz,,,sassyx

SAHLERS said...

Great card and image thanks for joining in this weeks challenge at Divas by Design
Sheryl xxx

ahlers5 said...

Had to stop by when I saw your name. Very cute card! Thanks so much for joining us at Crafty Catz this week.
Diane

Pam said...

Love your card, so cute! I got a new coffee maker today and I would share but you would have a long hike down here to NC. :) Have a great day!!

Jennifer said...

This is really a fantastic blend of fun emblies! So glad that you coffee pot at least favored you with one more cup! I just had a garage sale today and what was left over went to our curb for free (was gone in under 15 min!) or to the free store at the dump. So nice to clear out some things!

Janette said...

Gorgeous card, love the image and the sentiment is perfect. Thanks for sharing it with us at CraftyCatz this week.xx

carol said...

aaah such a pretty card, thanks for playing along with CRAFTY CATZ x carol

ThePurplePlace said...

Adorable card Jenn! What a bummer on the coffee front, all this time I assumed you bought your daily coffee at Starbucks or Dunkin? I had no idea they had so many blends to buy and brew, at home? I guess you can tell I haven't been to the grocery sore in ages? That is a task hubby took on after the Fibro came into my life. I kind of miss it, but he does better and saves money too, so that is good, plus I can't carry the heavy bags....oh well!

I wrote a little post to you on my blog last week, kind of my little tribute to your amazing strength, during your health battle. Seems far too many of my craft friends are having tough battles. You encourage me to look at the good and try hard not to think about my Fibro, goodness knows it is nothing compared to your fight! I think of you all the time and my Mom also asks about you as I have shared your story with her.

I still feel that it is so unfair that you have this fight, why you, a super sweet gal! It makes no sense and I guess it never will. I still hope everyday is a better day and truly think you will beat this, and that a cure for all will come too!

Sending a big hug and caring thoughts!
....God Bless you, your hubby and the boys....praying for you!

Lovingly in friendship,
Lisa

Heather Lynn said...

Oh my goodness, your card is gorgeous! Love the sentiment, cups image, twine..soo pretty! Happy to be a new follower! Thank you for hopping with me over the weekend!

Hugs,
Heather Lynn

Aunty Sue said...

brilliant card thanks for sharing at Papertake weekly. Aunty Sue GDT
Also for sharing at Crafty catz

marion82 said...

oh this is sooo cute and sweet!!!love your coloring on the cups!

Thanks for joining us at Chocolate, Coffee and Cards Challenges!!
hugs
xMx

you can visit
http://whenthescraphitsthefun.blogspot.com/
for my free digis!!

Pryn said...

Fantastic card!!! I love that sweet image :) Sorry to hear about your coffee pot :( I am a barista, so I know how awful a day can be without coffee ;) hope it is fixed soon!
Thank you for stopping by my blog during The Outlawz celebration :)  I hope to see you in the party challenges ;)  Hugs!

crafty amy said...

What a great cute card I LOVE the buttons :D Thank you for joining us at Crafts and Me and good luck.
Hugs

Amy xx

Emma H said...

Aww, supercute card - love those little cups! Thanks for joining our polka dot challenge at Fab N Funky this week!

BethieJ said...

Ok this is the CUTEST! I LOVE that image.. your card is DARLING Jennifer!!!
Have a GREAT day!

Anonymous said...

Cute card love this one! so cute! hugs me xx

Debbie said...

Love the cups, very cute. Thank you for joining us at Chocolate, Coffee & Card Challenges.
Debbie x